Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 January 2018

Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies







I picked up some almond flour for another recipe I was making last week and felt inspired to make some cookies with it as well. We had a few sick kid days at home last week as Fraser had a bad cough, so I was able to get some time in the kitchen!!  I’m happy to report that the boys REALLY liked these Almond flour Cookies...And even asked for 2nds and 3rds!!!  They have been a nice yet mostly healthy treat to have in the cookie jar!   

I found that the ones that were slightly softer and almost under cooked had a slightly better texture once they cooled down.  The second batch that went into the oven stayed in a little longer and was a little more golden brown, but while they were still just as delish, I will say that the slightly under-cooked ones were just a little better days later!  

I posted this recipe to my facebook profile and several of my friends made a batch in no time flat!!  From the sounds of things the recipe got good reviews across the board!!  I know Almond flour isn't cheap so wasting it on a recipe that might work or could flop is an expensive experiment but you can be confident knowing that this recipe has been tried and tested!  Yay!!

P.S. if you are following the portion fix, one cookie counts as 1 Yellow container.  The Recipe makes 24 cookies :)

Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

3 Cups Almond Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 cup organic melted coconut oil
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 large egg
2 large egg whites (1/4 cup)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 375
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix and set aside.
Add all wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
Add wet mixture to Almond mixture and mix to combine.
Add chocolate chips and mix until blended throughout.
Drop by rounded tablespoons into prepared baking sheets.
Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social