Search This Blog

Saturday 21 October 2017

Thai Peanut Chicken & Zucchini Noodle Bowls


I just HAD to share this recipe with you!  Why?  Because it's so flavorful and healthy which is what it's all about here on the blog! 

When I first started eating clean I discovered that healthy doesn't have to mean zero flavour and taste well "healthy".  Which is why I love finding and creating delicious recipes, and sharing them with you here and over on my Faceook page!

Lately Gord and I have been following the meal plan and home fitness program we followed in the summer which is grain free and only includes healthy carbs like beans, sweet potatoes and white potatoes for the most part.  I found it hard at first not having my overnight oats and baked oatmeal in the mornings but now I'm so used to having my super food smoothie and greek yogurt and berries for breakfast and morning snack that I don't even miss oats!  

Along the way we have discovered quite a few yummy dinner recipes that we have found very satisfying as well.  Not to mention the results from this program have been incredible!  I eat clean 80-90% of the time but a few adjustments and sticking to the meal plan 100% for 3 weeks gave both of us amazing results!  And while I've kept active and maintained my results since we completed the program in August, we both wanted to do it again before we leave for Hawaii in November!  


If you want more details on the program Gord and I are following shoot me an email and I'd be happy to give you the details!  

Now you might think Zucchini noodles don't sound too tasty but I'm here to tell you that you MUST give them a shot!  Besides it's all about the peanut sauce in this recipe although we usually have zoodles with marinara sauce or pesto and it's just as tasty!  

Peanut Sauce has always been my FAV and practically a comfort food in my book!  It's a little bit salty and a little bit sweet and just really hits the spot and makes all those healthy veggies taste amazing!  

Ok now for that recipe.... 


Thai Peanut Chicken & Zucchini Noodle Bowls


Thai peanut chicken & zucchini noodle bowls are easy to make, healthy, and incredibly tasty!

Ingredients

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
Sea Salt and pepper to taste
2-3 medium zucchini, spiralized (AKA Zoodles)
1 large red or orange pepper, thinly sliced or chopped
¼ cup chives, cut up into tiny peaces
¼ cup peanuts, roughly chopped
Lime wedges, for serving

Peanut Sauce


⅓ cup creamy natural peanut butter
4 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
½ teaspoon sesame or olive oil
2 teaspoons Coconut Palm sugar or Brown sugar
¼-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (Optional)

Instructions

 Drizzle a large skillet with oil and bring to medium heat on stove. Season chicken on both sides with sea salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken to pan and cook 4-6 minutes on each side until browned on the outside and cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board or platter and allow to rest.

 Whisk together all sauce ingredients.

Steam or boil zucchini noodles and pepper til just tender (you can also put them in a large bowl and microwave them for about 2-3 minutes for a shortcut!)

Assemble bowls with zucchini noodles and peppers on the bottom. Dice chicken and assemble on top of zucchini and peppers. Drizzle sauce over the top and sprinkle with chives and peanuts. Serve immediately. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing on top if desired.

*Left overs can be taken for lunch and they actually do reheat nicely in a microwave safe bowl.  Reheat the zoodles and peppers seperately and then top with your peanut sauce and toppings.  

Original Recipe adapted from lecremedelacreme. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social