Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Easy Grilled Fruit Kabobs



I've had a big watermelon sitting on my counter that was left over from our Lacrosse team wind up party last week.  We had so much food we just never got to slicing it up.... but I can't let it go to waste and I leave for New Orleans in less that a week so I need to use it up! 

I've been wanting to grill some of it and came across a photo of grilled watermelon kabobs on pinterest with no back link to a recipe so I decided to just got for it and have some fun grilling fruit Kabobs!




In our move I know I packed up all the Skewers but I truly can't find them or haven't reached that box yet... although I'm pretty sure I've unpacked all the kitchen boxes.  So I had to pick up a new package of wooden skewers at the store before I could make them. I thought pineapple would also be a nice compliment on the kabobs so I cheated a little and grabbed the pre cut and sliced pineapple from costco.  Then I was all set and ready to get grilling! 

I keep reading how important it is to soak the skewers before grilling and I did soak them for at least 20 minutes while I prepped all the fruit, and dealt with the dinner craziness but I guess it wasn't long enough cause they got pretty toasty and one even caught fire!! So I'm saying soak for 30 minutes and hopefully that will help!  




This was such and easy recipe to put together and fun for the kids too!  Fraser was so excited and Asher thought I was a little nutty for BBQing Fruit!  But the end result was a pretty tasty and very healthy dessert!  



Grilled Fruit Skewers


Ingredients

Fresh pineapple
Fresh watermelon
Skewers
Instructions
Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes and preheat grill to 400 degrees.
Chop fresh pineapple and watermelon into chunks and slide on soaked skewers.
Grill 3 minutes on each side or to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social