Search This Blog

Monday 29 August 2016

Breakfast Quesadillas


I am always looking for breakfast ideas I can prep ahead and take to work with me.  Often I'll make my Baked Oatmeal or overnight oats but this weekend I made Breakfast Quesadillas and prepped an extra for work on Monday.  

I love making egg scrambles on the weekends or days when I'm home from the office for my breakfast but it's more difficult to make the time on work days to make a hot breakfast and eat it before I go.  So I decided to give these Quesadillas a go.  

The were easily heated up in the toaster oven on the toast setting or bake setting; either would work well.  I heated them until slightly crispy and cheese is bubbling again.  These Breakfast Quesadillas made for a rare hot and cheesy breakfast in the office!  YUM!  The only thing that could have made these better was if I had brought a little salsa with me too.  Next time :)


Breakfast Quesadillas
Total Time: 30 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 2 servings, 1 quesadilla each
Portion Fix Container Count:  1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Blue
1 tsp. olive oil
1 portobello mushroom, chopped
1 medium Orange (or red) bell pepper, chopped
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 whole wheat tortillas
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add mushroom and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until peppers are slightly soft. Reduce heat to medium-low.
3. Add eggs; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until eggs are set. Remove from heat.
4. Top each tortilla evenly with egg mixture and cheese.
5. Fold each tortilla in half; cook in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown.
Tip: You can cook quesadillas you are going to eat or serve, and you can tightly wrap the others and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days (or freeze them). This is a great way to have breakfasts prepared in advance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social