Search This Blog

Saturday 14 May 2016

Homemade Pedialyte Recipe


Ahhhh.... sick kids.  I had not one but 2 sick kids over the last 3 days and of course every time they are sick the Paediatric Electrolyte drinks are either expired or we are out! I usually get the one with just apple juice flavour rather then those ones that come in bright colours full of food colouring!  But on thursday we had nothing on hand and he couldn't keep anything down so I made up a batch of homemade "Pedialyte" for him and it helped a lot.  

Oral rehydration really is just water with modest amounts of sugar and salt added so my mixture does the trick with out any additives, flavours or colours.  

Homemade Pedialyte

Ingredients


2 cups room temp water
1 Tablespoon organic cane sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt 


Directions


Stir together until dissolved.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social