Search This Blog

Monday 25 January 2016

How to make Cauliflower Rice


I've been wanting to make cauliflower rice for so long!  And for whatever reason it just hasn't happened!  

I've been following the 21 Day fix meal plan for the past 3 weeks and I'm onto round 2!  for me I'm not going to see massive weight loss but more toning and defining.  However for my size I am only allowed 2 carbs per day.  **Sad face.  I love carbs and I'm not much of a protein eater.  BUT that's why i'm following the meal plan because I know it helps me get to where I want to be.  

So with that said, the lack of carbs in my day means I need to be creative for at least one meal and have more veg and protein.  Often we will have lettuce wraps or salad but today I decided to make Cauliflower rice for my dinner rather than the brown rice which everyone else was having!  

Making Cauliflower rice is super simple and I made a big batch with a head of cauliflower and will store it in the fridge for the week to use.  Cooks up way faster than regular rice which is a bonus too!



How to Make Cauliflower Rice

Ingredients
  • 1 head cauliflower
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
  • Himalayan sea salt
  • Ground pepper
Directions
  1. Cut cauliflower into large florets.
  2. Rice cauliflower using a food processor. Pulse cauliflower in food processor with chopping blade, or grate by hand on box grater.
  3. Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add cauliflower rice and saute until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social