Search This Blog

Sunday 4 October 2015

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes


I had some left over Pumpkin Puree last weekend and decided to add it into my usual pancake recipe to make pumpkin pancakes.  The Boys LOVED them and ate more breakfast than I've seen them eat in months!  I froze the left overs and they ate them for breakfasts during the week happily!  

This week we started the 31 Day Spending Freeze challenge and I wrote down everything I had in our pantry yesterday which included one can of Organic Pumpkin Puree.... just one!  And Asher asked for Pumpkin Pancakes last night when we decided to do breakfast for dinner.  This time I spiced them up a little more and added my usual spice mixture that I use when I make pumpkin scones and guess what?  Everyone said they were even better this time than last time.  So I figured I better share the recipe on the blog.  



We add a little unsalted butter and some maple syrup to these and they are awesome!  But I'm sure you could come up with all kinds of yummy toppings!  A little Greek yogurt and pumpkin seeds would be lovely. 



Last weekend the boys helped me make the pancakes, it can get a little messy but the sure love it and it keeps them happy while I'm in the kitchen ;)  


Pumpkin Spice Pancake recipe

1 3/4 cups whole Wheat flour
1 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 TBSP Honey
1/2 Cup Pumpkin
2 eggs 
1 3/4 cups milk

Mix together flour, baking powder, sea salt and spices.

Wisk together Honey, Pumpkin, Eggs and milk.

Set aside two mixtures. 

Heat pan with a little Olive Oil.  

When the pan is hot stir together the two mixtures and spoon onto the pan and cook each side until golden brown. 




YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social