Search This Blog

Friday 28 August 2015

Gluten free Peanut butter Honey Cookies




So I picked up some Coconut Flour and Almond Flour this week to try a couple recipes but ended up having more than I needed.  I decided to try making gluten free peanut butter cookies with no refined sugar, just honey and maple syrup.  So I grabbed my recipe book and looked at the recipe I always use for peanut butter which calls for sugar, brown sugar, butter and whole wheat flour and thought I'd strip it down and clean it right up to see if they would still work out!  

I replaced the sugar with honey and the brown sugar with maple syrup.  I butter was swapped for coconut oil making them dairy free and the flour for half almond flour and half coconut flour!  The batter looked a little soggier than I was used to so I decided to put them into my mini loaf pan for something different and try a few as cookies the usual way.  Both worked great!  

The cookies camp out chewy in the middle and a slight crispiness on the outside and the mini loaf cookies came out soft and chewy!  I gotta say these little darlings are hard to stop eating tho!  They are so good!!  



Gluten free Dairy free Peanut Butter Honey Cookies 



1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup almond flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt

In a medium sized bowl mix together peanut butter, honey, maple syrup and coconut oil. Add in egg and vanilla extract. 

In the same bowl measure in the coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt. Mix throughly so dry ingredients are evenly distributed. 

Either spoon the batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet and press down with a fork or if you have a mini loaf pan you can spoon the batter into the sections.  


Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until they just start to brown.  


Gluten Free Dairy Free Peanut Butter Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social