Search This Blog

Friday 28 August 2015

12+ Healthy Pumpkin Recipes for Fall



I know it's still August... but the weather is starting to turn already and I'm way more interested in Chai tea and slippers than I have been in months.... I really don't want summer to be over because I know I wont be getting out on my Paddle board nearly as often, especially if I don't get a wetsuit or something to keep me warm in the fall months! 

We are heading out on what could be our last camping trip of the season this weekend and rain is predicted.... but we will make the best of it and try to get some Paddle Boarding in as well!   

I thought I'd share some healthy Pumpkin Recipes to get you inspired for the coming grey months and school days.  I'm looking forward to making a batch of Pumpkin Scones soon, I know how much the boys love them.  

I hope make these last few Day's of August count!  Fingers crossed for sunshine :)  









Pumpkin Butter




Pumpkin-Pie-Shakeology-700x350_sserqi

Pumpkin Pie Shakeology

Ingredients:
¼ cup water
¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
½ cup canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp. pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
1 Tbsp. coarsely chopped raw pecans
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 cup ice
Preparation:
1. Place water, almond milk, Shakeology, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pecans, pumpkin pie spice, and ice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.





Pumpkin Cashew Cheese Dip

Quesadilla-700x350_rgj3hf

Pumpkin Quesadilla


Roasted Pumpkin with Shallots and Sage




Pumpkin-custard-700x350_j2mx79

Pumpkin Coconut Custards

Ingredients:
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
½ tsp. fine sea salt
4 large eggs, beaten
½ cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
½ tsp. pure coconut extract
1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
¾ cup canned coconut milk
¾ cup unsweetened almond milk

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 300° F.
2. Combine cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
3. Combine eggs, maple syrup, and extract in a large bowl; whisk to blend.
4. Add spice mixture and pumpkin.
5. Gradually add coconut milk and almond milk; whisk to blend.
6. Pour mixture evenly into eight 6-oz. custard cups. Place cups in 13×9-inch baking pan; fill pan with 1-inch hot water.
7. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until knife inserted in custard halfway between center and edge of ramekin comes out almost clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social