Search This Blog

Monday 15 June 2015

Lemon Blueberry Mini Loaves



I ordered an epicure Perfect Petites mini loaf pan a few weeks ago and it arrived this weekend!  Lucky for me it is my flex day today so I tried it out during Fraser's morning nap.  I decided to make lemon blueberry mini loaves for the boys lunches this week.  

I'm sitting here right now enjoying a couple of them, trying really hard not to grab a couple more.  They are that good.  

I made them using whole wheat flour and coconut oil.  I had a really old Lemon Loaf recipe in my recipe book that was pretty basic so I used that and modified it to my liking.  This time I used organic cane sugar because I wanted to make sure they turned out so the boys had loaves for their lunches this week.  But I'll be trying this recipe with honey for sure very soon.  

There is also an optional glaze which will up the lemon factor on these little babies but has sugar in it as well so if you are cutting out sugar then skip it.  They are just as good on their own. 
Left over batter turned
Lemon Blueberry baked
doughnuts!
I love using my silicon muffin cups so this nice mini loaf pan is awesome for me.  I was able to make so many little loaves and they pop right out of the pan.  No fighting with them!  Plus because they are so little they cooled off pretty quickly which is a bonus when you have impatient kids wanting to try the "cake" as fraser likes to call all muffins, loaves or bars.  (He also calls crackers cookies).  

I hope you like the recipe and let me know how yours turn out.  It could also be used as a muffin recipe, large loaf or baked doughnut too.  I had some left over batter and put it into a few silicon doughnut containers.  Perfect!  Can't wait to give Asher one of those after school today. 


Lemon Blueberry Mini Loaves

Ingredients

1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
3/4 Cup honey (Organic Cane Sugar would also work)
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Almond milk
1 tsp organic lemon juice1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 grated rind of lemon
1 cup blueberries


Procedure

In a stand mixer, cream together coconut oil and honey or Cane sugar until creamy.  Add in eggs and mix until combined.  Add in Almond milk and lemon juice.  

In medium sized bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and lemon rind.  

Gradually add flour mixture to wet mixture stirring to combine.  Stir in Blueberries.



Add one spoonful into each mini loaf section and bake at 350 for 15-20 minute or until golden brown.  



Once your loaves come out of the oven you can brush on the optional Lemon Glaze.  Using 1/4 cup sugar and 2 TBSP lemon juice, mix them together until the sugar dissolves mostly, then brush a small amount onto the tops of all the mini loaves.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social