Search This Blog

Thursday 5 March 2015

Day 1 of the 3 Day Refresh

Well it arrived on my porch yesterday evening (The 3 Day Refresh!) and I couldn't help but get started with it today!  


Gord left for Vegas on Tuesday so I figured it was the perfect time to do the Refresh, that way I could make the kids some easier dinners and just make my refresh dinner and shake.  

I started with Chocolate Shakeology which of course is delicious and I had no problem there!  But I knew what was coming up.... the Fibre Sweep.  I have heard not so great things about this shake but I also have heard that you need to shake it and drink it right away!  So I did just that and I actually was surprised that I didn't mind it one bit! I packed all my snacks for work and headed out the door.  



The Vanilla Fresh was a little sweet for me, but it was tolerable and drinkable too.  Phew.  I was seriously worried that I wouldn't do very well with the shakes.  

Now I am a serious coffee lover.  I only have 1-2 cups a day but I LOVE my coffee.  And there isn't anywhere on the meal plan that says coffee so I bravely avoided my keurig this morning and stuck with water.  By about 2pm I was really surprised that I didn't yet have a coffee headache, I even daringly posted something about it on Facebook, thinking it must be related to the refresh... well I was wrong. And by 2:30 it started :(  

I was feeling pretty crappy by the time I got home, but I was able to get everyone dinner including making my Coconut Steamed veggies (YUM by the way) and get everyone into bed.  

I Chose the Coconut Steamed Veggies from the Dinner Recipes for my dinner which is basically just broccoli, cauliflower and Carrots with coconut oil and Himalayan Sea salt!  It was so so good. I was so full after that and my Vanilla Fresh Shake, that I was having a hard time finishing.  I had a few veggies left in my bowl when Fraser asked for some of what I had.  He gobbled back more veggies that I have ever seen him eat.... and he likes veggies!  

I think I'll be making our veggies that way from now on!

The hard part for me is right around now... Evening snack time.  I think all I can have is a cup of herbal tea.... maybe I'll just go to bed instead!  

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social