Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Best Blueberry Muffins: A healthy breakfast muffin



This Recipe came from my Aunty Jane.  We lost her 6 years ago and I miss her terribly still. I grew up in awe of her baking and cooking skills. And as I got older I got a few recipes from her. I wish I'd got more! 

Here is one of the recipes she made for is kids when we came up to her farm! I have modified it to make it more healthy but you would never know! The kids tried it this afternoon and were smacking their lips! 

I have used the base of this recipe in so many different muffin recipes just change the berry or extract and it's a whole new muffin!

Best Blueberry Muffins: A healthy breakfast muffin

1/3 cup coconut oil
1 1/4 cups organic cane sugar or 3/4 cup honey
1 egg
1tsp pure organic Vanilla extract
2 Tbsp warm water
1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup blueberries

Bake on 375 for 22 minutes

Healthy Breakfast ideas, that are easy to grab and go who doesn't need more of those!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social