Search This Blog

Monday 21 July 2014

Beet chips

Delicious Beet Chips 


The boys and I visited the farm yesterday and pulled out a few beets out of the garden while we were there.

This morning I decided to make best chips with them since I haven't had beet chips since last summer! 

If you have never tried beet chips before then I highly encourage you to try them! Making your own is really easy too! 

Gord took over making them!
Using parchment paper
so they don't stick
Mandolin















About two years ago I got really into making best chips and I invested in a mandolin for slicing them nice and thin because they cook up nice and crisp but if some are thicker than the others you will find your self removing some early and keeping some in the oven to crisp up longer! Either that or you will have burned ones or undercooked ones! So having the mandolin is nice for ensuring you get more uniform thickness on all your chips! But not necessary! 

Anyways you just slice them up, toss them with a bit of olive oil and sea salt and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until they start to crisp up!

I like to use parchment paper to bake them on so that they don't stick to the pan.  Makes it easy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social