Search This Blog

Saturday 3 May 2014

Healthy Team Lunch and Cleaning Assignment for Day 11

Today Asher's team has a Lacrosse game and it's my week to do the after game lunch! 

We decided to make sandwiches! So we hit up the local butcher to get their in house no nitrate or preservative deli meat, we picked ham and turkey. 

We then picked up 4 loaves of whole wheat bread, blueberries, raspberries, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, juice boxes, and veggie chips! 

Last night after the boys were in bed Gord and I made veggie, ham, turkey and egg sandwiches. We baked a batch of cookies, made fruit skewers, cut up veggies and put them all into easy to serve containers. 

We got a lot done and I'm happy with our healthy lunch for all the kids on the team plus siblings and parents too!

The kids loved the Fruit skewers, and we had actually completely forgot to put them out and there were only 4 kids left hanging around when we did.... and guess what?  They are all gone!

I know some of the kids may have chosen not to have a sandwich because we used whole wheat bread, but I don't believe in over processed white bread so I decided that I wasn't going to provide that option.  Most of the kids were quite happy with the Sandwiches and I didn't hear any complaints!



Of course we had WAY too much food, and we will be eating sandwiches for dinner I guess but it was fun and you really see the kids bonding when you get them all together after the game!  So much fun!

We set everything up on the back of the tailgate and Fraser was having a grand old time trying to steal all the food he could reach!  At one point he actually grabbed a cookie and was about to take a big bite!  He did enjoy a bit of bread from one of the sandwiches and he also got a hold of a half a ham sandwich too so we let him gnaw on it a bit ;)

Fun day!

Yesterday was bathroom cleaning day and there wasn't much to blog about other than the usual bathroom stuff but today's assignment is: Clean closets ( hang up clothes, organize mittens, jackets, hats)!

I'll likely do some gardening this afternoon, have some family time, I have a call with one of my coaches scheduled and then do the closets later today so look for my post tomorrow! I've got some closets in serious need of organizing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social