Search This Blog

Sunday 4 May 2014

Day 12 and 13 - 30 days of cleaning challenge! Closets and junk room!


In between making dinner and having family time at the pool today I cleaned the hall closet, got rid of a few jackets we don't wear anymore and put a few things that belonged in there back!

Good thing it was a rainy afternoon today otherwise I may not have done my cleaning jobs!  Is it me or is it more difficult for everyone to hunker down and get stuff done on the weekends?

Gord is home and I just want to go out and do fun stuff with him and the kids!  I find it harder to eat healthy, and fit my workouts in when he is off too!

This morning I did my laundry, had a family breakfast and then we hit to pool with the boys!  Asher is starting to get way more comfortable in the pool and we are seeing a huge improvement in him!  So proud!  Today was Fraser's first trip to the pool and he was on the cusp of needing a nap so he didn't last as long as i'd hoped but had fun while he was in there!
Someone photo bombed me when I tried to
take a photo of the upper part of the closet...
you can still see it right?

Here are the after photos:
Little monkey found it quite funny when he and Daddy photo bombed me!  At least he is cute!!


After a few minutes of rearranging and getting rid of stuff!
Floor space!!
Now today's assignment was to Surface clean the Multi purpose room... or any random room in your home!  For us this room is our junk collector!  It's our laundry room, stamping space, freezer area, storage room, growing room for my tomato seedlings.... and junk room!  It collects everything, but luckily it just needed a little pick me up!  So I took about 10 minutes just before the boys went to bed and I tidied it up!  

Here are the before photos:

My growing area for my precious tomato seedlings
The main junk collection spot!
Note Shakeology box filled with supplies
for an event I attended last month!
Just a tidy up, close the drawer,
organized the papers on the top of the file cabinet
and put away the potty stool!

After photos:
ahhhhh clean surface.... available for refilling with junk!

Nice and tidy!

Tomorrow's assignment is:  
  • Deep Clean bedrooms (Organize Drawers, check under bed, tidy closet, dust, blinds, mop)
  • One load of Laundry
Hopefully I can get this assignment done tomorrow on time.... might have to enlist my little helper~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social