Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Wednesday's bread pick: Bond Bonds bakery Hi Fibre

While doing our weekly grocery shop at the Root Cellar this weekend I scanned the bread products and scoped out the ingredient list on our usual whole wheat loaf by portofino bakery. Unfortunately this loaf didn't make the cut.

I was surprised as I always thought this was a nice loaf of whole wheat bread.  But sadly no, I guess we won't be getting that loaf quite as often. But I did find one loaf which had very few ingredients listed and did make the cut!

Bond bonds is a bakery in down town Victoria which has some yummy baked goods and great sandwiches too!  But apparently the Root cellar is carrying their breads now!


Only eight ingredients! 

Anyways I brought home this loaf and had to tell Gord to at least save me one slice to put into the freezer so I could review it! The boys must have liked it! And I admit I tried one piece fresh with homemade peanut butter one night and it was quite nice!

I wasn't able to get a photo of the whole loaf because it got devoured so quickly but here is a photo of what was left for me this morning....

It toasted up very nicely after being frozen and the slices were quite thick compared to the Ezekiel loaf I tried earlier this week. 

Usually Asher will turn his nose up at seedy breads but he didn't mind the flax seeds in this one at all! 

Unfortunately this bread probably isn't available at your local grocery store but it is a nice option when your at the Root Cellar or happen to be down town! Grab a few loaves and freeze them up! 


Next up I'm reviewing a Carrot Rasin Manna bread.  Another loaf from the freezer section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social