Search This Blog

Thursday 6 March 2014

Thursday's Bread pick: Carrot Raisin Manna Bread


This is another bread from the freezer section. However unlike the Ezekiel loaf this one is not sliced.

I chose this bread because it had the fewest ingredients of all the loaves I looked at! 

Sprouted wheat kernels
Filtered water 
Carrots
Raisins

No salt, leavening, yeast, oil or sweeteners.



Pretty amazing! But does it taste good?

The instructions say to store frozen or refrigerated, to slice either thaw or dip a serrated knife into water and use a gentle sawing motion. 

To avoid cutting any fingers off I chose to thaw in the fridge over night. This made cutting a breeze! 

The slices were pretty small so I had two.


It actually toasted up quite nice and I just used a bit of butter on this bread rather than my usual peanut butter. 

Now for the taste test.... I have to say I enjoyed it, however there wasn't much depth of flavour. When first you bit into it the flavour is good but it kind of fell flat after that. 

But for a loaf with very few ingredients I was impressed! 

Not sure I would buy this one again but you never know!

Last up I'm reviewing Flourless Sprouted Whole Grain Ezekiel Muffins.  These are an english muffin with MUCH better ingredients in them, see what I think of them here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social