Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Monday's Bread Pick: Silver Hills Steady Eddie

Silver Hills Bread can be found easily at most local
Grocery stores including Costco and are sold
as a pack of two.

Silver Hills Steady Eddie


Non GMO
Vegan

Ingredients 
Organic whole sprouted wheat
Organic whole sprouted rye
Organic whole apples
Vital wheat gluten
Organic whole sprouted soy beans
Water
Yeast
Sea salt
Cultured wheat

I wondered what is cultured wheat?

Rather than using unhealthy preservatives silver hills uses cultured wheat as a natural and healthy way to maintain freshness and prolong the shelf life of our products. Cultured wheat is made using a completely natural fermentation process similar to how natural yogurt is made. This produces a concentration of food grade organic acids that lower the PH of bread and delays the formation of mold. As a completely dairy free process that does not involve any form of animal products, you can rest assured that the use of cultured wheat.

I froze this bread prior to using it so that it would be in the same level as the frozen breads I purchased. Upon first bite before my peanut butter went on I noted that the bread was surprisingly soft considering it had been frozen!

Taste is good and though it has soy beans in it, because it is non GMO I'm not concerned about it!

I enjoyed this bread and feel good about the ingredients in it. I probably would buy this again! And I believe you can find silver hills bread at Costco and most other local chain stores! So this is a widely available healthy option!



Here is the ingredients list on the loaf

For my next review on Ezekiel 4:9 Bread from the Freezer section click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social