Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Raspberries!


I can not wait until our raspberry bushes start producing! Especially our golden raspberries! So delicious. 

But for now, almost every Sunday we get a container of Organic Raspberries from the Root Cellar. It's only $1 more than non-organic and totally worth it in taste and health! 

Recent research on Organic raspberries shows that they are significantly higher in antioxidants than non-organic raspberries! 

I always soak my fruit in a sink full of water when I get it home, organic or not. And most times those raspberries are gone in no time.... Asher has a habit of helping him self to fresh fruit and veg in the fridge (not complaining) but if he gets his hands on my raspberries or blueberries, I know I better grab a few from him before they are gone! That kid can eat the whole container if I don't just put a few in a bowl! 

Lately I've been buying green grapes too which he LOVES! This trick seems to preserve my raspberries a few days longer which means I might actually get a few! 

Tip: Always keep your raspberries in the fridge as they are highly perishable and mold quickly at room temperature! 




1 cup of fresh raspberries contains

64 calories
GI: Low

Nutrient               DRI/DV
Vitamin C              42.9%
Maganese              41%
Fiber                      31.9%
copper                   12.2%
Vitamin K             10.6%
pantothenic acid    8%
biotin                     7.8%
vitamin E               7.1%
Magnesium            6.7%
Folate                     6.4%
omega-3 fats          6.2%
Potassium               5.3%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social