Search This Blog

Friday 7 March 2014

Friday's Bread Pick: Flourless Sprouted whole grain Ezekiel Muffins


Ezekiel English muffins - I have to say I've been looking forward to trying these all week because I love English muffins, however I know they are typically full of garbage and not good for you at all.... Even the whole wheat ones. 

Check out what's in these english muffins I had in my freezer from Christmas...


Can you say YUCK!!!  Sure they are 100% whole wheat but the rest of the ingredients leave me wondering what I'd be putting into my body.  I actually googled a few of the items on that list... again....YUCK!

Here are the ingredients in the Ezekiel ones:


Nothing there I need to google to figure out what it is!  Phew

Gord and I both tried the Ezekiel English muffins this morning since he is off on Fridays. I left them on the cutting board for about 20 minutes to soften in order to make them easier to cut, but the package does say they can be stored in the fridge so you could always take one out the night before and put it in the fridge if you had the forethought! 

Cutting into them was easy and they toasted up nice, very soft! The flavour was nice and I felt like it stuck with me longer than had I had a typical English muffin. 



I will be buying these again! And I can't wait to make eggs Benny tomorrow morning with them using dairy free hollandaise sauce

**An Update** We now use these Muffins all the time and always take them camping with us for Breakfast sandwiches and eggs Benny too!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social