Search This Blog

Sunday 9 March 2014

Fizzing paint - preschool activity


Asher loves to paint, so I told him we would make our own paint the other day and he was thrilled! He climbed up on the counter and helped me make our fun coloured paint. 


He stirred all the ingredients together and then selected which colours he wanted them to be.

Once they were ready he got busy painting! 

When he had covered most of the paper I then asked him if he was almost done and ready for step 2. Of course he was!! 

So I handed him a squirt bottle and he sprayed his painting with vinegar! 

The result was a very bubbly picture! And then of course he had to spray the rest of the paints in the muffin tin! And I think that was more fun than anything else!! 



Paint recipe

In each muffin cup add: 

1Tbsp flour
1 tsp baking soda
Splash of water
Food colouring 

Mix the flour and baking soda together, wisk in water to desired consistency. Add in a few drops of food colouring and wisk in. 


2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! We love doing things like this in my home. My 18 month old is obsessed with watching vinegar-baking soda reactions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking soda and Vinegar experiments have always been Asher's fav! They always kept them entertained for quite a while so that I could get a few things done in the kitchen while he giggled and fizzed! So great and so easy to do!

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Social