Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Diary, Gluten Free Chickpea cookies

I really had the need to bake today.... it relaxes me.  But I didn't want something super unhealthy.  I was roaming on pinterest this afternoon and came across a recipe for Chickpea cookies.  I did a search and found a ton of different recipes for Chickpea chocolate chip cookies.

This is what I came up with...

Chickpea Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie bars!

Ingredients

1 small can or 3/4 of a large can of Chickpeas
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/3-1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup enjoy life dairy free mini chocolate chips



Directions

Put all the ingredients except the chocolate chips into the food processor.  Mix until smooth. 



Grease 8x8 inch baking pan.  Stir in chocolate chips and Spoon batter evenly into baking dish.  Bake for about 30 minutes.  Careful not to over cook but insert a knife into the centre to ensure it is cooked.  I threw mine back into the over after 25 minutes because they weren't quite done.


Let cool 20-30 minutes before cutting into it.

I tasted the batter a few times,  and the first time I tested it, it was pretty chickpea-ish so I added in a bit more peanut butter and maple syrup.  Mixed it up again and the second test was a success.  I took the food processor off and mixed in the chips by hand. 



Asher was so eager to try them, but they HAD to cool.  It was a long wait!  But it was well worth it because he absolutely loved them and so did I!  We both ate more than we should have and when Daddy got home so did he.  Gord couldn't believe there were chickpeas in it!  Everyone in this house loved this one! 

This is what's left.... Oops!

Not entirely guilt free...mostly because we had more than one bar but all Real and Good food so I'm happy!

Give it a try and let me know what your family thinks.  I'd love to hear what you, your kids or your husband thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social