Search This Blog

Saturday 8 October 2016

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie




I blended up this tasty Pumpkin Pie Smoothie to kick off Thanksgiving weekend! 🍂

I don't totally love the texture of a regular pumpkin pie but my mom makes an amazing cream cheese pumpkin pie and it's the best! It's surely not "clean" but it's all about balance, you can't be perfect all the time and there is no point depriving yourself either.  I firmly believe in the 80/20 rule and I do try to make treats in our house as "Real" as possible but sometimes it can't be avoided.  I'm pretty sure her pie calls for vanilla pudding mix and possibly cool whip although when I've make it I make real whip cream for it.  Those are two ingredients you wont find in my house but one slice of pie isn't gonna kill me!  

Ingredients:
¼ cup water
¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 scoop Vanilla protein power (I used vanilla Shakeology)
½ cup canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp. pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
1 cup ice

Preparation:
1. Place water, almond milk, Shakeology, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and ice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.

This is a great time to make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix too.  I'm sure there will be a few other opportunities to use it over the coming months anyways!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social