Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 July 2016

Vanilla Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream


Make your own guilt-free ice cream with bananas and peanut butter. Yum!

I made a big batch of "Nicecream" as it's commonly referred to, using frozen bananas, almond milk, vanilla protein powder and peanut butter this weekend!

I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I was very pleasantly surprised. I froze the bananas weeks ago and stored them in a big ziploc bag awaiting a warm weekend when we wanted ice cream!  

The best way to freeze the bananas is to slice them up and place them all onto parchment paper on top a cookie sheet.  This ensures they don't all clump together in the freezer bag.  I do all my berries the same way, freeze on a cookie sheet and then transfer into a freezer bag once frozen.  Do you do this too?

Initially I had made the ice cream without the intention to "Swirl" it with peanut butter BUT once I had that Jar of peanut butter in my hand it just kinda happened!  Boy I'm glad it did!  The swirl put it over the top!!  

The recipe is very versatile and I can easily see myself making several versions over the summer months.  

Vanilla Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream

Yield: 5 servings, about ½ cup each
Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (I used Vanilla Shakeology)
2 medium frozen bananas (cut into chunks before freezing)
2 Tbsp. all-natural smooth peanut butter plus 2 Tbsp to swirl in
Preparation:
1. Place almond milk, Shakeology, bananas, and 2 Tbsp peanut butter in high-powered blender (such as a Ninja or Vita-mix); cover.
2. Blend on low for 5 seconds; increase power to high and continue blending for 30 seconds until smooth.
3. Pour mixture in a large glass bowl and swirl in extra 2 tbsp peanut butter; cover.
4. Freeze for 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes, before serving.

Shakeology Boosts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social