Search This Blog

Friday 12 February 2016

Chocolate peanut butter overnight oats


I haven't really gotten on the over night oats train until now because I assumed you ate them cold (yuck). But I've since learned you warm them up before you eat them and then top them with delicious things! 



So of course for my first crack at it I had to use peanut butter! Since I had just made a big batch of homemade peanut butter I couldn't resist. I decided to add in some cocoa and a little honey! Yum 

In the morning I just opened it up and put it into the microwave for 1.5 minutes to heat and thicken it a bit more. It was the perfect consistency! 


Now you could eat it completely plain (not really plain since there is peanut butter and chocolate inside) or you can add whatever toppings you like. Fruit is a great option and bananas would be perfect on this. But it's the end of the week here which means we are low on everything fruit and veg! So I wisked together some peanut butter and maple syrup for a quick peanut sauce and sprinkled a few chocolate covered chia seeds on top! Super peanut butter and chocolate-y!! 



Chocolate peanut butter overnight oats

Ingredients

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup milk of your choice
1 Tsp cocoa
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp Homemade peanut butter 
Mason jar with lid 

Directions

Add all ingredients to jar, shake it up and put in the fridge over night. 

Microwave 1-1.5 minutes when ready to eat. 

Topping

Ingredients

1 Tbsp homemade peanut butter
1 tsp maple syrup

Directions

Wisk to make into peanut butter sauce 
Chocolate covered chia seeds (optional) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social