Search This Blog

Friday 11 December 2015

Homemade Teriyaki Sauce




Well it's been a crazy couple of weeks for our family and I've been neglecting the blog mostly because I haven't been home to be in the kitchen making anything delicious lately. We have spent several nights in the hospital with our youngest son first for Pneumonia and then post surgery for more breathing issues following the intubation as it caused his esophagus to be irritated.  It's been pretty nuts to put it mildly but I'm hoping the worst is behind us and we can finally dive into the Christmas season.  

This week our oldest son's Pace (musical theatre) production started so we have late night rehearsals and shows going on almost every night!  Now that we are all under one roof again we were all craving home cooked meals.  The boys wanted stir fry the other night so using what I had I threw together some beef and broccoli with rice. Only problem was I had run out of Teriyaki sauce AKA Sticky Sauce!!!! What's a mom to do!  So I googled and found a few recipes and came up with my own version so they could enjoy their Sticky Sauce and rice for dinner!

It came together very quickly and made lots too!  The real test was all in the taste however and i think it was even better than the bottled version if I do say so myself!  They boys gobbled it right up. YAY!  and then off we went to Pace. 

Here is my Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups cold water
  • 3/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
  • 3 Tablespoons corn starch
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil or Olive oil
Mix all 6 ingredients together in a saucepan and then put over medium heat on the stove

Sitr until it starts to bubble and thicken, don't leave it and walk away.  Once it starts to thicken remove from the heat and wisk to make sure it's smooth.  

I let mine cool slightly and used it to marinate some strips of steak.  Then we simply cooked the steak and added broccoli to pan to cook and topped with a drizzle of teriyaki sauce on the top!  It was amazing!  

(The sauce can be kept in the refrigerator for one week.)

Shakeology Boosts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social