Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 September 2015

21 Day Fix Fall Meal Plan



This week I'm sharing my Meal Plan with you!  This meal plan is based of the 1200 - 1499 Calorie Range for the 21 Day Fix Plan.  I am turning 31 this Month and am determined to push myself to complete the full 21 Days of the 21 Day Fix Extreme workouts and 21 Day Fix Meal plan!  I got this!

I use my 21 Day Fix Tally Sheet that I created which makes our meal planning so much easier!  

You can just print it off and either slide it into a page protector so that you can write each days meal plan out or you can print off 5 and write down each days on the paper.  I personally like to have each day pre-written down so I have 5 page protectors so that I can reuse them but still have my days planned in advance.  


Last night I did my first 21 Day Fix Extreme workout of this round, starting with Leg Day, and I also tried the new Energize product from the Beachbody Performance line to give me the extra energy and power to push hard through the whole workout!  I've never used any type of pre-workout product before but this one is made with natural ingredients and No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives. So I gave it a try and I can tell you that I certainly felt the Tingle I've heard people talk about and I certainly was able to push myself harder and for longer.  Energize contains beta-alanine, which can create a mild tingling on the skin for some people. This response is perfectly normal and is not cause for alarm, feels kind of cool actually! Most people don’t notice it once they start working out, and neither did I!   I'm looking forward to seeing my results at the end of these 21 days!  

I also used the Recharge Nighttime Formula to help with muscle Soreness after the workout it helps to combat exercise-induced muscle soreness, and promote new muscle growth while you sleep. I got this to try last month but haven't been doing as extreme of workouts lately so I haven't had a reason to try it out. One of the Key ingredients in Recharge is Tart Cherry, this anthocyanin-rich tart cherry extract is shown to help reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness and improve recovery after intense exercise, both for endurance and resistance training. 

The funny thing was I was totally expecting it to taste nasty but it was like drinking a not too sweet Cotton Candy Milk Shake!  YUM!!  And I woke up this morning with only the slightest of stiffness and no soreness so I'm gonna say it works pretty well!!  

Here is my Meal Plan for this week!

Day 1


Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeology with Focused Energy Boost (1 Red)

Morning Snack: Greek Yogurt and Raspberries (1 Red 1 Purple)

Lunch: Spinach Salad with Cucumber, Bell Peppers, Spinach and Goat Cheese (2 Green, 1 Red, 1/2 Blue)

Afternoon Snack:  Apple and Peanut Butter (1 Purple 2 Spoons)




Dinner: Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry (1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Yellow)
1TBSP soy sauce or coconut aminos
1 TBSP water
1 tsp tapioca starch
½ teaspoon raw honey
1 tsp olive oil
4 ounces top sirloin or Flank Steak
1-cup broccoli florets
1 clove garlic
½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
½ cup cooked brown rice
Directions:
  • Combine soy sauce, water, corn starch, and honey in a small bowl.
  • Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef and cook until cooked through. Remove beef.
  • Add broccoli, garlic, and ginger to the skillet and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove broccoli and add to bowl with beef. Keep warm
  • Add soy sauce mixture to the skillet and heat for 30 seconds. Return beef and broccoli to skillet with sauce and stir to coat. Remove and serve over rice. Serves 1


Evening Snack: Popcorn with Coconut Oil and Sea Salt (1 Yellow 1/2 Blue)


Day 2


Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeology with Focused Energy Boost (1 Red)

Morning Snack: Greek Yogurt and Raspberries (1 Red 1 Purple)

Lunch: Turkey Avocado Wrap (1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Blue)

3 slices turkey or chicken breast, approx. 3 to 4 oz.

1 small whole wheat tortilla

½ tomato, diced

¼ avocado,sliced
3 lettuce leaves or a handful of mixed greens
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette
Directions: Assemble all ingredients on top of the tortilla and fold into a cone.


Afternoon Snack: Cucumbers and Cherry Tomatoes (1 Green)


Dinner: Grilled Teriyaki Salmon with Ginger Rice and Bok Choy (1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Yellow)
Two 4 oz. pieces of wild salmon, without the skin (if you have a seafood allergy you could always use chicken breast instead of salmon)
3 Tbsp. teriyaki marinade or sauce
2 pineapple rings, canned in juice, drained
1 garlic clove
1 medium head of  bok choy, roughly chopped
½ tsp. sesame oil or olive oil
1/3 cup of brown rice
1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
Directions: 
Marinate the salmon in teriyaki overnight, or for an hour before grilling. You can make your own Teriyaki marinade using soy sauce and coconut palm sugar or honey.  Grill the salmon for 5 minutes on each side. Place pineapple slices on the grill for 2 minutes and sear.
Add rice, 2/3 cup water, and 1 tsp. grated ginger in to a rice cooker or saucepan. Cook on low heat until rice is tender. Meanwhile, spritz nonstick cooking spray and ½ tsp. sesame oil into a frying pan. Sauté 1 garlic and the bok choy until soft, yet still crisp.  (Serves 2)

Evening Snack: Apple and Peanut Butter (1 Purple 2 Spoons)


Day 3


Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeology with Focused Energy Boost (1 Red)

Morning Snack: Greek Yogurt and Raspberries (1 Red 1 Purple)



Lunch: Pesto Goat Cheese Veggie Wrap (1 Yellow, 1 Green 1 Blue)



Afternoon Snack: 21 Day Fix Chocolate Bar!  1 Red 1 Orange





Dinner: Chicken Fajitas (1 Red 1 Green 1 Yellow) 
Simple Spinach Salad (1 Green)

Evening Snack: Apple and Peanut Butter (1 Purple 2 Spoons)


Day 4 


Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeology with Focused Energy Boost (1 Red)

Morning Snack: Greek Yogurt and Raspberries (1 Red 1 Purple)



Lunch: Chicken Enchilada (1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Green)

Afternoon Snack: Cucumbers and Cherry Tomatoes (1 Green)



Dinner: Chicken Stirfry with Rice Noodles

Evening SnackApple and Peanut Butter (1 Purple 2 Spoons)


Day 5 

Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeology with Focused Energy Boost (1 Red)

Morning Snack: Greek Yogurt and Raspberries (1 Red 1 Purple)



LunchCaprese Chicken Pizza (1 Blue, 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1/2 Green)

Spinach Salad (1 Green)

Afternoon Snack: 4 Whole Grain Crackers, 2 Tsp Peanut Butter, 1/2 Purple Container of Strawberries (1/2 Yellow, 2 Spoons, 1/2 Purple)



DinnerPineapple Chicken Tacos ( 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1/2 Green, 1/2 Purple)

Evening Snack: Cucumber and Cherry Tomatoes (1 Green)





When I'm meal planning I usually plan around my dinner or lunch recipes, so having a good source of dinner ideas is key!  I recently created this list of 20+ Dinner recipes  for the 21 Day Fix, which I will be adding to as I create and find more.  If your in need of more dinner recipes check it out.  And if you have a great dinner or lunch recipe please share I'd love to add it to the list!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social