Search This Blog

Thursday 28 May 2015

21 Day Fix Chicken Fajitas


I have been struggling to do my meal planning this month.  Between Lacrosse practice, business meetings in the evenings and other activities it seems that we are always in a rush at night time too which is when I need to be doing my meal planning even more.  But I just haven't been getting organized in that department.  

Tonight on the way home from work I was trying to think of a dinner I could make with the chicken I had in the fridge.  Initially it was going to be stir fry but we had limited veggies left in the fridge so on the fly I decided on chicken fajitas.  

We haven't made them in a long time.  Gord and I used to make them very simply with chicken, onion and taco seasoning but I wanted to add more veggies into it and we had a whole bag of peppers so I came up with this simple recipe and made it with my 21 Day fix containers too!  

Chicken Fajita Recipe

2 cups cooked Chicken (2 breast = 2 servings)
1 red pepper
1 small yellow pepper 
1/2 onion
2Tbsp lime juice 
1/2 cup water
Whole wheat wraps

Directions



  • Cook chicken in large frying pan. Using wooden spatula cut up chicken into bite sized pieces. Once browned remove from pan. 


  • Chop peppers and onions while chicken cooks. 
  • Add peppers and onions into the pan to cook until tender. 



  • At this point you can measure your chicken into the red container. I took some cooked plain chicken and made plain chicken and cheese wraps for the boys. I measured out our chicken to make sure we had enough for 1 full red container each. 

  • When peppers are tender add the chicken back into the pan. 
  • Mix water, lime juice and homemade taco seasoning together in small bowl or wet measure. Pour over the chicken and peppers. 
  • Cook everything until the liquid has evaporated. 


  • Top your wrap with Greek yogurt and the fajita filling. 



Your 21 day fix containers for 1 wrap are 1 Red 1 green 1 Yellow. 

Options: 
Add cheese (1 blue container)
Add guacamole (1 blue container) 
Add salsa (free) 


This is a quick and yummy dinner that the whole family can have. I know my kids aren't going to get excited about the peppers and onions so taking the plain chicken out before adding it into the peppers and taco seasoning allowed me to make them a simple chicken cheese wrap. 

Or you could serve the fajita filling over brown rice instead of a wrap! There are lots of options. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social