Search This Blog

Sunday 4 January 2015

Clean Eating Apple Crisp


I don't know why but Roast Dinner and Apple Crisp just go together!

I made a Pot Roast for dinner tonight and once it was prepped and in the oven; next came the Apple Crisp.  I decided to switch up my Apple Crisp recipe this time and give it a little twist by adding in some ground pecans and maple sugar instead of my usual Coconut palm sugar.  Plus I used coconut oil instead of butter which I have done before and it works out very nicely.

Clean Eating Apple Crisp

Crumble Topping

1/4 cup ground pecans
1/4 Cup Maple Sugar or Coconut Palm Sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon to taste
1 Tsp sea Salt
2 1/2 cups rolled Oats
3/4 cup Coconut Oil

Ground Pecans

Apple Filling

3 large apples peeled and chopped into cubes
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon

Apple filling with Maple Syrup and Cinnamon

Directions


  • Grind the Pecans in a food processor or blender.
  • Add the maple sugar, cinnamon, salt and rolled oats into the food processor and pulse a few times to break down the rolled oats slightly.
After putting the topping in the food processor
for a few pulses.

  • Peel and chop apples
  • Place apples into a deep pie dish or casserole dish and add in maple syrup, lemon juice and cinnamon.
  • Stir apple mixture until coated evenly.
  • Top apple mixture with crumble topping
  • Bake at 350 for 30 Minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social