Search This Blog

Friday 28 November 2014

Homemade Taco Seasoning


Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe

I haven't purchased taco seasoning from a package in years.  It all started when Gord and I wanted to make nachos one night and we had no seasoing mix in the cupboard. So he googled the recipe for Taco Seasoing and we made a batch of it.  For a while after that we still purchased the seasoning packets here and there but if we ran out we would just make up another batch. 

Once I started really started reading ingredients labels and becoing more concerned with what was in our food I switched us over to our home made seasoing and we haven't looked back.

Because there are some ingredience in a package of Old Del Paso Taco Seasoning that I can't pronounce and there are preservatives and anti Caking agents so it's not something that will be going into my body or my families bodies either!

Ingredients in Old Del Paso Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
Maltodextrin, Chili Pepper, Onion Powder, Corn Starch, Garlic Powder, Spice. Contains less than 2% of: Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Yeast Extract, Silicon Dioxide (anticaking agent), Sunflower and/or Cottonseed Oil, Spice Extractive, Ethoxyquin (preservative)


My Taco seasoning recipe

1/2 cup Chili Powder
1/4 cup onion powder
1/8 cup cumin
1 TBSP Garlic powder
1 TBSP paprika
1TBSP sea salt

With my Taco Seasoning recipe, we just put all the spices into a mason jar and give it a shake. The recipe is taped to the outside of the jar so I can refer to it easily when we need to remake it.

Our family loves most any tex mex type recipe so we go through a lot of Taco Seasoning that's for sure!  On the menu this week was a  Yummy One Pan Burrito Bowl and Oh my gosh was it yummy and made great left overs for lunches too!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social