Search This Blog

Monday 3 November 2014

Beet Feta & Walnut Salad



We went out for dinner on Sunday night and there was a salad on the menu which really appealed to me and boy was it YUMMY too!

It had, mixed greens, peaches, beets, walnuts and goat cheese.  I also ordered it with a chicken breast for protein.

Now I really should have asked for the dressing on the side because there was way too much on the salad but it was a tangy vinaigrette and really tasty.  Also this salad was HUGE.... like two people could have eaten the thing and been satisfied.  But Salad isn't exactly appealing the next day so I ate the good parts before I let her take it away!

It was so good that I decided to make my own for work tomorrow.

I didn't have goat cheese so I decided to use feta instead.  And I decided to leave out the peaches as they actually didn't add much to the salad like I thought they would.

So here is what I made...

Organic Spring greens
Chopped canned beets
Feta Cheese crumbled
Walnuts
Chicken breast (cooked with olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper)

I'll be using a simple vinaigrette dressing with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, orange juice and honey.

Can't wait until lunch time tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social