Search This Blog

Saturday 31 May 2014

Stove Top Spinach Artichoke Dip - Camping Recipe



Appetizer night while camping is always fun! And we all love Spinach Artichoke dip so I decided to make some! I didn't have a recipe and when I have made it in the past I've done a dairy free recipe that's pretty darn Good too! But this time I wanted cheese and creamy goodness so I picked up the essentials I figured I would need and decided I'd figure it out when I went to make it! 

Organic Baby spinach (small box) 
Large jar or marinated artichokes
Block of cream cheese
Butter
White cheddar 
Parmesan cheese
Garlic powder (in trailer)
Salt and pepper (in trailer)

I didn't have a baking dish with me in the trailer so I realized I wouldn't be able to bake it and I left my food processor at home this trip. So I decided to put all the ingredients into a pot and melt them down, then add in the spinach, artichokes and spices. 

Here are my measurements, which are very approximate but it will turn out:

1/2 cup of butter
1 block cream cheese
2 cups cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Melt these a together in a large pot. 

Then add in:
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped artichokes
Baby spinach

I let the mixture bubble and thicken slightly and then added in the artichokes and spinach. Once the spinach was wilted it was ready to go. 



As it cooled slightly the dip thickened right up and was quite yummy! 

I didn't take an after photo of the dip because it got eaten up pretty fast! But it made a huge batch and we also had leftovers for lunch today! 



I'm always trying to add new camping food ideas to my recipe book to keep it fun, healthy and tasty!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social