Search This Blog

Monday 10 March 2014

Homemade Chicken Fried Rice: An easy weeknight meal

This is an easy, satisfying dinner you can pull together quick any night of the week! 

1 clove garlic
1/2 large shallot
One cubed chicken breast
1 cup cubed carrots
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 eggs wisked
1 cup uncooked brown rice
Soy sauce

Put on your rice and while it cooks start chopping your garlic, Shallot and Carrots.

Tip: I often do meal planning on the weekend and know when I'm going to make this meal so the night before or morning of I will turn in my rice cooker and cook the rice so it's ready to go when I get home. 

Saute the garlic and shallot in a splash of sesame oil or olive oil.  Once browned slightly, cook your chicken.  Once the chicken is fully cooked, then put the carrots into the pan and cook until tender.  Next push the cooked chicken and carrot mixture to the side of the pan and scramble the egg on the other side.  Throw in the frozen peas and cook until warm through.

Lastly add in the rice and soy sauce to taste.

And your done!  Fast, easy and tasty!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social